Saturday - July 18th, 2020
Mahogany Lake - 29 Masters Park SE, Calgary, AB
Thursday, July 16 2020 at Tri It Multisport from 10 – 7pm
Friday, July 17 2020 at Tri It Multisport from 10 – 7pm
Tri It Multisport is located at 1703 10th Ave SW.
RACE DAY: July 18, 2020
7:15am to 8am -- racer check in and mandatory equipment check
8:15am -- racer/safety information briefing
8:30am -- race start
11am -- course closes
11:15am -- kids race
11am to 12:30pm -- awards and after party
Parking will be located at the Mahogany Beach Club (29 Masters Park SE in Calgary, AB). The start line and finish line is located 100m away from the Beach Club building.
MAHOGANY SWIMRUN RULES:
Whatever gear you start with you must finish with. If a team fails to bring all their equipment to the finish line they will be disqualified.
swim caps: must be worn and visible during all the swims
race number wrist bands given to participants
pull buoy or
- all participants must follow the marked course and check-in at all check points including each lap
- any swim stroke is acceptable
- teams must never be more than 10m apart or thy will be disqualified.
- each teams time is from the start until the finish line. Each team has to pass all timing checkpoints and the finish line together.
- throughout the course there will be cut offs where the athletes need to pass by a certain time to be able to continue racing.Information about the cut off times will be given the day before the start. You have 2.5 hours to complete the course.
- participants are participating at their own risk and can not hold the Alberta SwimRun or Tri-It Multisport responsible for any accident during the race.
- all athletes and teams are obliged at their best ability to help another athlete or team that have been injured or being sick.
- a team or athlete that has abandoned the race shall report it as soon as possible to the Organization.
- participants are not allowed to throw trash in the nature outside of refuelling areas. If a team is doing so they will get disqualified.
- by participating in the race, participants give Alberta SwimRun, RnR Premier Events and Productions and Tri-It Multisport the right to use pictures and film material taken during the race to be used free of rights in marketing, press material, internet, television and films, etc
The SWIMRUN FULL will consist of 3 laps totalling approximately 9km of running and 3km of swimming.
The TRY-A-SWIMRUN will be 1 loop consisting of approximately 3km of running and 1km of swimming.
NOTE: ALL participants should be able to swim 500m continuously comfortably, no matter what race you are registering for.
There will be 1 aid station for the Long Course Event that will be located at the finish line/check point for multi-lap racers stocked with gels and electrolyte drink.